In today’s time of rapidly rising healthcare costs, buying a family health insurance policy is the perfect protection measure for everyone family. Family health insurance is insurance that covers more than 1 member in a family. The family cover provides financial stability at the time of medical emergencies. Family insurance normally covers husband and wife and up to their 4 children. But some insurance company provides to cover their parents also.
Before getting a family health insurance, things to remember
- Basic coverages under the policy
- Waiting period
- Claim ration of the insurance company
- Cashless hospitals
- Renewal Age limit
Some of the main coverages in Family health insurance
- In-patient care
- Pre & Post Hospitalization
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Daily Allowance
- Organ Donar Cover
- Lifelong Renewability
- Annual Health-Checkup
- Tax Benefit
- Automatic Recharge of Sum Insured
Step 1: Claim intimation
Step 2: For Cashless claim
- Complete the pre-authorization form available at the hospital’s insurance/TPA Desk
- If the approval letter received from the insurance company, you can initiate the treatment
- If rejected means, you can go for Reimbursement
- For Claim Reimbursement
- Submit the claim form along with the required documents.
- The claim will settle in a subject to policy terms and conditions.
The following are the basic documents required for filing a claim:
- Duly completed claim form (Intimation to toll-free number is mandatory before the form is filled).
- Original bills, receipts and discharge certificate/ card from the hospital.
- Original bills from chemists supported by proper prescription.
- Receipt and investigation test reports from a pathologist supported by the note from attending medical practitioner/ surgeon prescribing the test.
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon’s bill and receipt.
- Self-declaration/MLC/FIR in case of accident cases.
- Treating doctor’s certificate.